Mental Health at Work – how we help HR Professionals
That’s why you need to think about how your organisation can more fully support your employees, so their mental health is always a first priority.
You can contact HR Initiatives to help achieve this in your business.
How HR Initiatives can support your organisation with mental health at work
You can contact HR Initiatives to access our range of mental health support tools for clients. As an example, your business can benefit from a toolkit that provides you with guidance on how to:
- Support employees struggling with mental health and stress issues
- Understand how mental health impacts employees
- Recognise signs of mental distress
- Help employees manage the work/life balance
- Support employees returning after absence due to mental health by developing a ‘return-to-work’ plan
Our bolt-on mental health support package involves us supporting your employees with their mental health. Meanwhile, our toolkit gives you (the business owner) all the resources required to support your employees yourself.
Create an open culture
It stands to reason that your employees will want accessible information from you about where to go and who to ask for mental health at work support. HR Initiatives help you to achieve this by creating an open culture about mental health, and removing the stigma that people feel about opening up when they are struggling with their mental health.
By working with us, you will get support from qualified Mental Health First Aiders, who can get involved with your business. Alternatively, you can access the resources in our toolkit, which has:
- Line manager resources (training and guidance notes for them)
- MIND wellness action plan
- Risk assessment and training for line managers on how to identify stress
- Employee resources – questionnaire, mental health action plan, posters, links to free support services
See our great value fixed-price HR packagesclick for details
Andrew Snell, HR Officer, YMCA, Southend